The Fremont Conservation District is accepting applications for the position of District Manager.
- 32- hour plus per week position, including some evening meetings, weekend workshops or outreach events.
- Assist all telephone and walk-in clients in a professional manner. Customer service skills a necessity.
- Two to five years bookkeeping, payroll and accounting (preferred) with QuickBooks or equivalent. Maintains all financial and payroll / hiring records for the District, including monthly accounting reports, quarterly and annual payroll filings. Makes sure the District is in good financial standing.
- Organize monthly Board meeting including monthly information to the Board members.
- Prepare District required reports and budget to keep District in good standing and compliance with State requirements.
- Administer and maintain District programs, website, social media page, newsletters and grants.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive – a more in-depth job description is available to all potential candidates.
- Potential candidate will need to have a clean Colorado Driver’s license and be required to pass a federal government background check as job location is in a federal building working on federal government equipment.
- Salary is $18.00 to $20.00 per hour, depending on qualifications. No additional benefits are paid.
Applications are available on the Fremont Conservation District website at: www.fremontcd.org/jobopenings. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the application but may be submitted in addition. Submit applications in person to the USDA Service Center, Fremont Conservation District, 248 Dozier Avenue, Canon City, CO 81212. Application is open until filled.